We are looking to grow our automation strategy team!
The Automation Strategist plays a key role to ensure that automation ideas translate into automation design projects for our customers. Reporting to the President and working with our talented contributors at JAE Automation, the successful candidate will be a trusted strategic partner to customers and lead their automation strategy initiatives to bring their manufacturing operations up to Industry 4.0 standards. This position requires a strategic and entrepreneurially minded individual who is well experienced and technically knowledgeable in industrial automation, controls, mechanical and IT/OT who can engage and connect with customers to clearly communicate a vision and strategy for a smart manufacturing environment for their business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The responsibilities and duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Develops and cultivates a professional working relationship with customers to understand their current manufacturing environment, challenges, and limitations
- Shares a vision with customers for a fully automated, well integrated, and highly efficient smart manufacturing environment
- Engages and consults with partnered customers to review, strategize, and architect automation solutions to become a leading Industry 4.0 manufacturer
- Aligns with customers to develop automation strategy documents, plans, and budgets and monitors progress in obtaining strategy goals as quickly as possible to address short-term and long-term goals
- Leads automation projects that are strategically chosen from determining feasibility all the way through to implementation
- Partners with the customer in offering our training and support services, to assist the customer outside of projects
- Champions automation strategy success stories with potential new customers and positions JAE Automation as an industrial automation design leader
- Collaborates with the business development team to acquire new customers
- Collaborates with the President to receive new customers or projects, report on existing customer / project and close out projects
- Works closely with a Project Manager and Design Manager to identify key internal information, such as scheduling, resourcing, solutions, budgeting, and support when scoping new automation projects
- Engages the Design Team for technical information and support on specific customer projects
- Directs projects from an automation strategy and architect point of view and collaborates with the Design Manager who is responsible for the design and leads the Design Team
- Supports the President and other team members on sales efforts, estimates and proposals as needed
- Communicates weekly with the President to provide status updates on customer goals, strategy, and progress
- Strategically collaborates with the President, Design Manager, and other Managers to create the automation strategy, methodologies, processes, and best practices for JAE Automation customers
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in industrial automation systems, automation strategy or design, controls, mechanical design, mechatronics, and IT/OT.
- College diploma or University level degree; MBA is an asset qualification
- Excellent writing skills to contribute to or create proposals, estimates, and automation strategy documentation
- Expert level automation strategy skills to architect, document and communicate project details thoroughly and succinctly
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Expert level skills with all MS Office 365 products
- Decision Making Skills
- Client Service Skills
- Analytical Thinking Skills
- Creative Thinking Skills
- A valid Driver’s License and Canadian Passport or B1/B2 visa to enter the USA is required
- Air travel will be required to visit customer locations within North America
- The position can be performed from a home office (preferably in the GTA or southern Ontario region). Relocation assistance is available.
- English language skills are essential
- French and other language skills are assets
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package
We welcome résumés from a variety of individuals. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please notify us when you are contacted.
Résumés can be sent to: email@example.com